- Amplified Controllers real time control and monitoring
- Workflow and application driven GUI maximizing productivity and user experience
- Automatic discovery of the units over the network and assisted unit matching
- Multiple group assignation facilitating advanced system tuning and management
- Comprehensive reporting and log of faults
- Array Morphing tool for tonal balance adjustment
- System resources indication as a function of gain, Array Morphing and EQ
- Interactive tutorials suite
RELEASE PACK – September 25, 2017 – New features include:
LA Network Manager 2.5.1
- Supersedes LA Network Manager 2.5.0 released on June 7th 2017
- Improved stability on macOS
- Improved 1722.1 Avdecc controller of AVB entities
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- macOS installer improvements:
- Installation of a startup script to enable LA NWM 1722.1 Avdecc controller
- Creation of an L-Acoustics folder in Applications containing both LA NWM and the Load Sensor Calibration tool
- Setup page, Input Mode Selector: the streams of the enumerated AVB Talkers are sorted by gPTP Grandmaster clocks to identify those that are using the same gPTP clock as the selected unit and may therefore be connected
- Live Page: Minimum, maximum and average RMS voltage over the past 1.5 s displayed on LA12X Units when the Unit View slider is on MAINS VOLTAGE
- Improved navigation of the L-Acoustics logo menu Help file
Amplified Controllers firmware 2.8.3
- Supersedes firmware 2.8.1 released on June 7th 2017
- Identical to firmware released on August 21st 2017
- LA4X encoder wheel may be pressed and held to force Unit initialization (in case of a faulty auxiliary power-supply board making the Unit continuously restart)
- Various bug fixes, see release note included in the download package for details
Preset library 5.8
- Identical to Preset Library released on June 7th 2017:
- Syva system presets:
- [SYVA] for Syva colinear sources
- [SYVA LOW_100] for Syva Low subwoofers
- [SYVA SUB_100] for Syva Sub subwoofers
- [SYVA LOW SYVA] for Syva + Syva Low (hybrid preset)
- Updated Kiva II, X8, X12 and X15 HiQ presets: improved protection against transducer over-excursion
- Setup Check: updated preset matching criteria for 12XT in passive mode and Kiva II
- Syva system presets:
Refer to the LA Network Manager Help for complete details.
Supporting Windows® and Mac OS X® operating systems, the LA Network Manager 2 remote control software provides control and monitoring of up to 253 L-Acoustics® amplified controllers within the L-Acoustics ® L-NET Ethernet network.
An application-driven approach
LA Network Manager 2 matches the live sound engineer workflow: Setup, Tuning, and Live. Each phase of the workflow corresponds to a specific page offering a dedicated set of tools to make the interface intuitive and quick to use. Color coding and streamlined designs have been carefully selected to maximize its clarity and usability.
The Setup page allows the user to create all unit and group objects composing the sound system. Units and groups can be freely placed in the workspace in a way reflecting their true location in the field. Unit types, IP addresses, presets, input mode and routing can be easily defined for each individual unit as well as for a multiple selection of units. Copy/Paste standard functions allow for instantaneous design of symmetric systems. Set-up can be done off line with virtual units or by going on line with connected units.
The new network engine offers automatic discovery of all connected units including the new Unit Matcher feature for quickly matching the virtual system and the physical system. Third-party devices detected on the network are indicated to avoid creating IP addresses conflicts. These time-saving features are further augmented by dedicated preparation tools such as the Custom Preset Builder and the Bank Preset Builder interfaces.
The Tuning page gives access to gain, delay, polarity, Array morphing and EQ processing resources offered by the DSP embedded in each individual amplified controller, adding two IIR filters to the existing set. Quick access to mute on unit and group objects allows for fast signal distribution verification and easy tuning of each subset of the system. All other parameters are logically sorted within the tabs of the Unit Control Panel and the Group Control Panel. Opening up these panels keeps the workspace visible at all times and a thematic view slider sets what parameters are represented on the Unit Objects on the workspace. Therefore output levels and headroom can be controlled while setting gains, for instance.
The Live page is dedicated to system monitoring during operation: for each unit, LA Network Manager 2 records the average output levels and the activity of the speakers’ thermal limiters for the past four minutes. The temperature of each unit can be remotely checked at a glance. In addition, a comprehensive Message Center reports all events that occur within the system using a simple yet efficient classification by level of importance (info, minor, major, critical) and category (network, power, input, output). All these messages plus time-stamped important actions (page switching, file loading or saving…) are saved automatically in a XML log file that can be imported in all popular spreadsheet software for analysis.
In the Live page, users need to confirm all actions that may have an impact on the show and prevent unwanted entries. These confirmations may also be enabled for the Setup and Tuning page by activating the Show mode.
The Array Morphing tool is an exclusive tool to control the characteristics affecting the resulting system frequency response (array size, listening distance, splay angle). The Array Morphing provides LF compensation and allows for smooth adjustment of the frequency response of a line source array, compensating for different array geometries and conditions of use.
The Array Morphing tool provides the same sonic signature to all L-Acoustics ® line source systems used in the same installation and approaches a reference standardized frequency response when desirable. It also offers frequency response flexibility to adapt to various applications: from speech & classical music (“flat” response) to live rock music (“enhanced LF response”).
New Interactive Tutorials
A new and complete suite of interactive tutorials has been developed to allow engineers on the road to learn how to operate LA Network Manager 2 at their own pace. The tutorials are structured into a logical progression with prerequisite levels, spanning from the LA Network Manager 2 basics to the most advanced software features and tips for advanced users. Users can check regularly for tutorial upgrades on the L-Acoustics website.
Microsoft, Windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.